The rugged Sawtooth Mountains rise 1,000 feet above the coast of Lake Superior — terrain unlike anywhere else in the Midwest. With the most vertical, the most snow, and the breathtaking beauty of the North Shore, the perfect big-mountain skiing or snowboarding getaway is closer than you think.
Just four hours from the Twin Cities, legendary Lutsen Mountains has it all – without the airfare, airports or travel hassles.
- Four big mountains with 1,000 acres to explore
- 1,088′ feet of vertical, nearly double that of other Midwest resorts
- Brand new 6-person high speed lift on Moose Mountain
- 95 sweeping runs, from bunny hills to double black diamonds
- Five terrain parks for newbies to experts
- 60 acres of tree skiing
- Breathtaking views of Lake Superior
- Longest run: 2 miles
- Average annual snowfall: 120 inches
Accommodations for everyone: Over time, we’ve build perhaps the finest collection of lodging in all of ski country. Savor the ambiance of a classic old-world lodge or cozy northwoods cabin, the luxury of a seaside spa resort, or the convenience of a ski-in/ski-out condo.
More to see and do: You’ll never run out of things to do, from snowshoeing to cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, dogsledding, festivals and events and more. Watch our winter adventure video for inspiration.