The wildness, beauty and vastness of the landscape in Cook County, Minnesota almost defies imagination. (Almost.) Here, you can:
- Listen to the crystal-clear water of Lake Superior lap at the north shore—or against your kayak or sailboat.
- Traverse the ridges of the ancient Sawtooth Mountains by foot or by bike.
- See Minnesota’s highest waterfall. And Minnesota’s most mysterious waterfall.
- Drive two roads so scenic they are officially scenic.
- Venture into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness/BWCAW and Quetico Provincial Park, which sprawl over two million acres. (National Geographic named the Boundary Waters one of the world’s “50 places of a lifetime.”)
- Look and listen for life-list birds in the Superior National Forest.
- Encounter some of Minnesota’s weirdest geology.
- Look for wild things, such as moose and carnivorous plants.