COVID-19 Event Cancellation Updates
March 16 - April 30
Covid-19 Event Cancellations & Updates
Thanks for you interest in events and happenings in our neck of the woods! We are actively tracking changes in current and upcoming events due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Due to the rapidly changing circumstances, we will do our best to keep this calendar up to date. However, we recommend that before you attend anything, please call ahead to the event venue to double check, wash your hands, and use best practices to keep both yourself and others safe during this time.
Here is a list of major events in the area that we know have been cancelled:
- All music at Lutsen Mountains thru April 12. Skiing season cancelled 3/22.
- Le Grand du Nord
- Earth Day Beach Cleanup in Harbor Park/Voyageur Brewing Company
- Music in the North Shore Winery taproom until TBD
- All events at the Hub/Senior Center
- North House Folk School courses and events until May 17
- Grand Marais Ole Opry
- Johnson Heritage Post open by appointment only
- Michael Monroe Log Cabin Concert 3/21
- All restaurant/bar-hosted music for the next two weeks due to the closure of public meeting spaces
Restaurant & Retail Hours
On March 16, 2020 Minnesota Governor Tim Walz announced the closure of public meeting spaces for two weeks to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
This is an incredibly trying time for small local businesses whose profit margins are razor thin and whose employees rely on their paycheck. While several businesses have had to close for the time being in accordance with Minnesota Governor Walz Executive order on March 16, there are a number who are working to provide services to the public while maintaining appropriate health and safety standards.
Looking for a place to eat? Find out who is open during COVID-19 pandemic:
If you have an event on this calendar that you would like to cancel/postpone please reach out to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a link to what the CDC is currently recommending for events to help slow down and stop the spread of COVID-19: CDC Website.