Gunflint Riding Stables: Daily Horseback Rides
An event every week that begins at 2:00 am on Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, repeating until October 23, 2022
Let our horses help you explore the Superior National Forest from a unique view. The Gunflint Riding Stables at Gunflint Lodge, located 43 miles up the Gunflint Trail, is unique on the North Shore. Our experienced Wranglers will guide you through the vast miles of trails on steady steeds. Traveling on horseback lets you enjoy the endless beauty while relaxing and basking in the sun on your faithful mount.
The riding season generally runs from May to October. We have a wide variety of horses that range from Quarter Horses to Arabians and everything in between. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, we have the horse for you. Our talented wranglers are great at teaming you up with a horse that fits your needs. The many hours spent on the trails together creates a deep bond between wrangler and horse. We invite you to join us for a ride and bond with a horse of your own as you enjoy the marvels that await you around each corner of our beautiful trails.
Rides offered Wed – Sun. More information at 218-388-2294, or https://gunflint.com/activities/horseback-riding/
In order to ensure proper safety, we have the following requirements:
- Weight limit 240 lbs with clothing (you will be weighed before the ride to ensure you are matched with the right horse)
- Age minimum for riding 7 yrs
- Guardian needed for those under 13
- 1 adult for every 4 children
- Helmets are available for all ages, and required for ages 7 – 15
- Carry on objects that may possibly frighten a horse, (i.e. camera, water bottle) are not permitted on rides
- Unfortunately we are unable to provide pony rides or riding double.
- Closed toed shoes are required. A hat and long pants are ideal for comfortable riding.