- This event has passed.
Lake Superior Storm Festival
November 10 - November 12
Lake Superior Storm Festival is held annually along the icy shores of Lake Superior.
There’s nothing quite like a November gale — wind howling, icy waves lashing the rocks, a shiver of awe running down your spine. Treat yourself to a storm-season retreat before the bedlam of the holidays begins. This event honors the power and wild beauty of the Big Lake. Why not hop in the car and join us for the Lake Superior Storm Festival this year.
Events are free unless otherwise noted.
Friday, November 10th
- 5:30 – 7 pm | Taking Fashion by Storm Fashion Show at Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply. Come check out the latest and greatest stormy gear!
- 7 pm | Presentation with Lonnie Dupre at Voyageur Brewing Co.
- 7 – 8 pm | Call-In Trivia Radio Show on WTIP radio 90.7 FM. Try and answer these tricky Lake Superior and storm themed questions.
Saturday, November 11th
- 12 pm | Annual Wave Dash at Lutsen Resort. This is a bit like a Polar Plunge into Lake Superior but instead of jumping, you dash. Dashers get a special festival gift and can warm up afterwards with a roaring fire on the beach or even go in the Lutsen Resort hot tub. Suggested donation of $10 benefits the Cook County YMCA.
- 2 – 4 pm | Painting Up a Storm painting class at Kah-Nee-Tah Gallery. $25. Pre-registration required. Register by calling 218-387-2585.
- 3 pm | Featured Speaker, Mark Seeley, meteorgologist for the University of Minnesota, will give a presentation on the effects of weather on Lake Superior in the Nelson Suite at Lutsen Resort. The presentation will include the characteristic patterns that make November such a stormy month, and examples of the most traumatic November storms of the past.
- 4 – 6 pm | Storm festival craft at Voyageur Brewing Co.
- 5 pm | Shipwreck Presentation at Caribou Highlands Mountain View Conference Room.
- 5 – 7 pm | Painting Up a Storm painting class at Kah-Nee-Tah Gallery. $25. Pre-registration required. Register by calling 218-387-2585.
- 7 pm | “Spirits of Lake Superior” Shipwreck Dinner. $49 per person. Reserve by emailing email@example.com
- 7:30 pm | Film Screening: Jeff’s World at Voyageur Brewing Company