- This event has passed.
Light up Lutsen
November 24, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 7:00 pm
Come celebrate the second annual Light up Lutsen event!
The Downtown Lutsen Business Group will be hosting Light Up Lutsen on Saturday, November 24 from 2-6 p.m. This annual holiday event includes food, drink, caroling, fires, and lights hosted by Lutsen businesses to kick-off the season of love and lights.
Each of the participating businesses will offer fun activities during the late afternoon with a grand finale holiday lighting at 4:45 p.m. There will be fire pits located throughout the downtown corridor. It should be a dazzling experience.
“This will be our second year doing our Light Up Lutsen and this year we have a lot of exciting plans,” stated Jeff Latz, Downtown Lutsen Business Group spokesperson. “Last year, we have had over 200 children visit Santa Claus while their parents, friends, and relatives browsed through our shops and enjoyed all of the festivities.”
Activities planned at the participating Lutsen businesses include:
- Great Gifts – Santa Claus will visit from the North Pole from 2-4 p.m.
- Lockport Marketplace and Deli – Cookie decorating for all ages from 2-4 p.m.
- Clearview General Store – Free hot chocolate all day to keep you warm
- Fika Coffee – Cookie and drink specials as well as caroling starting at 3 p.m.
- Jeweler of the North Shore and H. Lill Boutique – Holiday open house all day featuring seasonal gifts and custom jewelry for every occasion
- Lutsen Liquor Store – Wine tasting by North Shore Winery 3-5 p.m.
- Mueller Studio – Bronze Pour at 4:30 p.m., tree lighting at 4:45 p.m. with delicious refreshments and music immediately following by Pushing Chain
- Outdoor fire pits throughout the downtown corridor
The last stop for the day’s festivities is at Mueller Studios where artist Greg Mueller creates public art through sculpture. At his studio, the Christmas tree will be lit at 4:45 p.m. with refreshments and music by local musicians, Pushing Chain.
Downtown Lutsen is located on Highway 61 on the North Shore of Lake Superior nestled just below the Sawtooth Mountains – the place nestled between the seas and the trees for your shopping needs. Downtown Lutsen – Come Get Some.
About the Downtown Lutsen Business Group
The Downtown Lutsen Business Group is an association of business located in Lutsen, Minn. created to encourage visitors and locals alike to visit and shop in the community. This bustling small town offers a variety of retail choices including gifts, art, jewelry, coffee, fuel, grocery, restaurant, and liquor. Downtown Lutsen, located on Highway 61 on the North Shore of Lake Superior, is nestled just below the Sawtooth Mountains – the place between the seas and the trees for your shopping needs. Downtown Lutsen – Come Get Some!
This duo, which has been performing together in various manifestations since 1997, plays roots and Americana music featuring Boyd Blomberg on guitar and vocals and Adam Moe on the fiddle and vocals.