- This event has passed.
Superior Cycling Association: Tuesday Evening Group Bike Rides
June 1 @ 5:30 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Tuesday, repeating until June 29, 2021
Superior Cycling Association
Tuesday Evening Group Bike Rides
Every Tuesday evening the Superior Cycling Association will be hosting a group bike ride at various locations around Cook County. The rides are open to bikers of all abilities. The idea is to get out and ride on the awesome gravel roads and singletrack mountain bike trails and have fun in a social setting. Groups may break up based on individual rider interests. BYOB for after the rides and don’t forget the bug dope. Check the Superior Cycling Association website and Facebook for any last minute changes to this schedule. For more information contact Tim Kennedy at 218-370-0955 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tuesday May 25: Meet at Cascade River and Pike Lake Road at 5:30 pm to ride out Pike Lake Road to Murmur Creek Road. Riders can turn around and return to vehicles or continue on to make a longer ride. This is a gravel road ride.
- Tuesday June 1: Meet at Caribou Trail and Highway 61 at 5:30 pm to ride the Caribou Trail climb of the Lutsen 99er course. This is an out and back ride with options for a longer distance or repeats of the climb. The Caribou Trail is a paved road.
- Tuesday June 8: Meet at the snowmobile parking lot on the Caribou Trail just past the end of the blacktop. This will be a gravel ride on the Lutsen 49er course. Ride out the Caribou Trail to Clara Lake Road, Grade, Sawbill Trail, and Honeymoon Trail back to the start – approximately 27 miles.
- Tuesday June 15: Meet at the Britton Peak Trailhead parking lot (3 miles up the Sawbill Trail) at 5:30 pm. Ride the Short Stacker, Crosscut, and Jackpot singletrack trails. Distances will vary based on ability.
- Tuesday June 22: Meet at the parking lot past Papa Charlie’s at Lutsen Mountains at 5:30. This ride will be the Lutsen 19er course which encompasses the start and finish sections of the Lutsen 99er course. Ride will go down the Ski Hill Road to Highway 61 then to the Caribou Trail climb, to the Honeymoon Trail, then to the Barker Lake Road and back to Lutsen Mountains.
- Tuesday June 29: Meet at the Pincushion Mountain Trailhead off the Gunflint Trail at 5:30 pm to ride Pincushion singletrack. Distances and trails will vary based on skills and ability.
Watch for the July, August and September rides
See you on the trails.