Wooden Boat Show 2021: On Campus and Online
June 18 - June 20
Summer’s arrival in the North deserves to be celebrated! In this year of transition, we are planning to celebrate with gusto and safety. We will host the 2021 Wooden Boat Show both on campus, in person June 18-20 AND online June 3-25. Stay tuned: we will continue to shape our planning around the best safety practices available for our visitors, students, and staff. Community, craft, sparkling waters, northern adventures, and summer’s light are at the heart of our efforts.
Online: June 3 – 25, 2021
ON CAMPUS EVENTS: June 18-20, 2021
We plan to host these on campus events in alignment with the current recommendations of the Minnesota Department of Health, including social distancing and masking. All visitors to campus will need to adhere with these guidelines.
Crafting on the Commons: Noon, Friday- Noon, Sunday
Boat Builders at Work: Herring Skiff Build: 10am-4pm Fri-Sunday
Wooden Boat Display: Friday, Saturday
Family Drop-In Crafts: Friday-Saturday
Boats-to-Tools Auction: Friday-Saturday
Sailing on Hjordis: Friday-Sunday
Find more information about the 2021 Wooden Boat Show: Online Events here: https://northhouse.org/events/wooden-boat-show
A few notes about what’s not listed:
- Summer Solstice Pageant with the Good Harbor Hill Players: The planning and prep for this event requires a lot of close contact between dozens of people, not to mention a very large gathering for the performance. We are in dialogue with GHHP and the local public health officials. If the event becomes possible, we will be thrilled to welcome the puppets, performers and music to campus.
- Wooden Boat Parade: We are hopeful that with careful planning and good weather, we’ll be able to make this happen. Details forthcoming.
- Featured Speaker: Please join us online to hear for this year’s speaker series.
- Contra Dance: Won’t it be great when this is possible? Fingers crossed for 2022!
- Lake Superior Chowder Experience: We sincerely hope this will return in 2022!
- Harborside Picnic: You can almost smell the brats…they’ll be there in 2022!