November has arrived! And with it, Storm Season. While November is a quieter time of year on the North Shore in terms of visitors, it is Lake Superior’s loudest season.
The highest recorded wave on Lake Superior is 28.8 feet, although unofficial wave heights are believed to have exceeded 40 feet. These giant waves are the result of “Nor’easters” or strong winds out of the northeast. These winds can reach up to 50 miles per hour, with gusts up to 100 miles per hour.
The Gales are notorious and they are truly a sight to be seen, heard and felt. And when nature puts on a show, you want a front row seat. There is no place better to watch the Gales roll in than from the Bluefin Bay Family of Resorts. When you stay three nights or more during November, we offer one night free.
- Stay three nights and receive one night FREE (your midweek night is free)
- Must stay four nights over Thanksgiving Weekend to receive one night free
- Offer is valid Oct. 18 – Nov. 30, 2020
- This offer is not valid with any other offer; only one special can be used per reservation
- Must be three consecutive nights in the same unit
7192 W. Hwy. 61, Tofte, MN 55615