Family Fun for All
They’re only little for a while. Make big memories.
Imagine a two-mile hike and not a single “She’s touching meeee.” On our trails, you’re far more likely to hear: “Oh cool, look at this!”
While we can’t promise the kids will behave, we can promise so much family fun that they won’t run out of things to do. That’s the beauty of traveling to Lutsen/Tofte/Schroeder, Grand Marais, the Gunflint Trail and Grand Portage: There’s something fun for every family anytime of the year.
Top 7 Family Lake Adventures
- Explore the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW). Learn more about canoe trip outfitting.
- Visit Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center. Attend a naturalist program at the resort and campground locations throughout the county.
- Drive the beautiful North Shore Scenic Drive along Lake Superior to Grand Portage State Park. Then take a short, barrier-free hike to see High Falls—the highest waterfall in Minnesota.
- Look for agates.
- Visit unique attractions like the Towering Pines Canopy Tour, the Mountain Tram and the Alpine Slide.
- Take a guided hike, canoe paddle, rock climbing adventure, or kayak and stand-up paddleboard tour with our experts ready to share all our natural world has to offer.
- Enjoy family-friendly festivals and events like the Fisherman’s Picnic and Moose Madness.
We invite you to unplug, reconnect and recharge in a place where the tweets come from actual birds.