We have a feeling that one important factor in your choice of visiting our fabulous destination is the many different activities and unique places to explore. You may follow someone on Instagram that posts about our area and decided you need to experience it for yourself. Cook County offers many options to help you get the maximum experience with Guided Activities or Programming. We’ve organized a list of some of our favorite things to do and the experts to help us fully enjoy them.
The riding season generally runs from May to October. There are a wide variety of horses that range from Quarter Horses to Arabians and everything in between. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced rider, there is a horse for you at the stable. The talented wranglers are great at teaming you up with a horse that fits your needs. The many hours spent on the trails together creates a deep bond between wrangler and horse. Join them for a ride and bond with a horse of your own as you enjoy the marvels that await you around each corner of our beautiful trails.
RESORTS AND LODGES THAT OFFER GUIDED ACTIVITIES FOR GUESTS
Many resorts offer their own guided programs for guests, or provide the detailed information and equipment you need to feel confident to explore on your own. Some also offer educational programs on the Nature of our Region and what you may spot on your own during your stay. Check out the programming at these fine resorts:
Guided Guest Activities & Programs:
- BLUEFIN BAY FAMILY OF RESORTS
- CARIBOU HIGHLANDS LODGE
- EAGLE RIDGE RESORT
- EAST BAY SUITES
- GUNFLINT LODGE
- LUTSEN RESORT
- NANIBOUJOU LODGE
- SKYPORT LODGE
- Many Gunflint Trail lodges and other cabin rentals include watercraft and fishing guides or information: GUNFLINT TRAIL LODGING
GUIDED ACTIVITIES AVAILBLE TO EVERYONE!
2021 Summer Naturalist Programs hosted by resorts and other locations will be announced soon! These are open to ALL visitors.
SAWTOOTH OUFITTERS Experience the North Shore from the water. Sawtooth Outfitters provides guided kayak, canoe and climbing tours, along with equipment, transportation, and basic instruction. Our knowledgeable and experienced guides will ensure you and your group have a safe and enjoyable tour. Select from one of these great options: Half Day Tours, Full Day Tours, Custom Tours
STONE HARBOR WILDERNESS SUPPLY Ahhh, the beauty of Minnesota’s NorthShore Are you wondering where to find guided outdoor tours on the North Shore? Whether you want to jump into an activity you’ve never tried before, or take it to the next level under the guidance of an expert, Stone Harbor has an adventure for you. These are guided tours with all necessary gear included. Many are offered regularly throughout the week, and others may be arranged by special request. Use the links below to learn more about the types of tours that we offer. Or go here to book online.
POINTS UNKNOWN Points Unknown offers unique, off-grid dog sledding experiences, Mindful Paddling & Hiking guide services and lifestyle immersion programs that are educational in nature. The Points Unknown Guest Suite is one of the most unique lodging options on Minnesota’s north shore near Lake Superior, the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness and the Superior Hiking Trail.
- Mindful Paddling and Hiking Tours What are “Mindful” Paddling and Hiking Tours? Not paddling hard or fast, or slinging the heaviest pack on your back, but being present to the experience; taking time in nature to see, hear, smell, taste and feel along the way. Slow things down; bring your camera, and be willing to be dazzled.
- Women’s Adventures This off-grid adventure is for those who want to actively participate in every aspect of their experience with the highlight being learning to run your own small team of sled dogs on miles and miles of beautiful trails in the remote wilderness of northern Minnesota.
- River Canyon Snow Treks The North Woods best kept winter secrets – the river canyons – difficult to access in the summer, become fabulous snowshoe trails in winter. We’ll take you there!
NORTH SHORE eBIKE RIDE AND WINE Package Thursday nights with the 4 pm to 7 pm block. It includes two eBikes and two complimentary backpacks and a flight of wine at NORTH SHORE WINERY at the conclusion of the ride. We start and end at the Highway 61 and Ski Hill Road where you can park and get the eBikes. Choose from a variety of possible trails and end at the lot where just up Ski Hill Rd is a reserved table with your choice of 4 different wines in a flight taster as you enjoy a live music performance.
GRAND MARAIS SEGWAY TOURS 2021 reservations open May 1st. Tours begin June 1st. More details will follow!