Let your moose loose with the Moose Madness Family Festival – a multi-day celebration of Alces alces. Check out the 2016 schedule. Download a copy here:
The fun starts at Moose Madness Headquarters in downtown Grand Marais:
Visitor Information Center
116 West Highway 61
Grand Marais, MN 55604
Here are just a few of the things you can do at Moose Madness:
- Complete crafts projects, a scavenger hunt, and other activities in order to collect Moose Bucks, which you can use to purchase treasures like a coveted “I Saw a Moose in Grand Marais” t-shirt. See Below for the 10 ways you can earn a Moose Buck!
- Visit the YMCA for Family Fun Night on Friday and Parents’ Night out on Saturday!
- Pick up a copy of the Moose News Tribune.
- Visit the Lake Superior Zoomobile.
- Complete the Cook County Historical Society Scavenger Hunt. Moose bucks just for trying!
- Stretch your legs with the Annual Moose Mosey, a short, kid-friendly run along the Grand Marais harbor.
- Listen for the moose call and keep your eye out for Murray the Moose, who will be strutting through the streets of Grand Marais. He’s happy to pose for photos.
- Lastly, don’t forget about the Moose Medallion Hunt. Follow clues and search for the Hidden Medallion for a chance to win the grand prize. Here’s the first clue:
It’s hiding within the city limits of America’s Coolest Small Town, the medallion is a circle and the color is brown. As always, it will be located on public ground. Will you be the one to say “it’s been found?”
Learn how to earn the big bucks…..MOOSE bucks that is! Here are 10 ways to earn Moose Bucks:
- Come run, walk, or mosey in the annual Moose Mosey! The race begins at Bear Tree Park and ends along the shore. Saturday at 2pm.
- Dance at Moose Zumba with Murray in Harbor Park! Saturday at 1 pm.
- Spot 10 moose inside Sivertson Gallery! All day Friday & Saturday
- Take part in the Cook County Historical Society’s Scavenger Hunt throughout downtown Grand Marais! Meet at the Lightkeeper’s Museum at 2pm on Friday.
- Listen to Moosey stories read by the Muffin Man at Drury Lane Books! Saturday morning at 11 am.
- Meet the animals from the Lake Superior Zoomobile! Friday from 1 – 4 pm at East Bay Suites.
- Play some Boundary Waters Wildlife Trivia at Stone Harbor Wilderness Supply! All day Friday & Saturday.
- Discover images of MOOSE hidden around the Cook County Whole Foods Co-op! All day Friday & Saturday.
- Count the hidden books in the mural at Birchbark Gifts! All day Saturday & Sunday.
- Complete various games and puzzles at Moose Central. All day Friday & Saturday.
For more information about Moose Madness, call 888-922-5000 or email email@example.com.
May the moose be with you!