Let your moose loose with the Moose Madness Family Festival – a multi-day celebration of Alces alces. Check out the 2016 schedule. Download a copy here:
The fun starts at Moose Madness Headquarters in downtown Grand Marais:
Visitor Information Center
116 West Highway 61
Grand Marais, MN 55604
Here are just a few of the things you can do at Moose Madness:
- Complete crafts projects, a scavenger hunt, and other activities in order to collect Moose Bucks, which you can use to purchase treasures like a coveted “I Saw a Moose in Grand Marais” t-shirt.
- Pick up a copy of the Moose News Tribune.
- Visit the Lake Superior Zoomobile.
- Complete the Cook County Historical Society Scavenger Hunt. Moose bucks just for trying!
- Stretch your legs with the Annual Moose Mosey, a short, kid-friendly run along the Grand Marais harbor.
- Listen for the moose call and keep your eye out for Murray the Moose, who will be strutting through the streets of Grand Marais. He’s happy to pose for photos.
- Lastly, don’t forget about the Moose Medallion Hunt. Follow clues and search for the Hidden Medallion for a chance to win the grand prize. Here’s the first clue:
It’s hiding within the city limits of America’s Coolest Small Town, the medallion is a circle and the color is brown. As always, it will be located on public ground. Will you be the one to say “it’s been found?”
For more information about Moose Madness, call 888-922-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
May the moose be with you!