Once you hit Lutsen Mountains, you’re here. This unique area is the gateway to Cook County and is truly unlike any other area of the state. Dramatic, mountainous terrain and the endless beauty of Lake Superior all in one incredible place. These mountains hold endless opportunities for hiking, biking, sightseeing and, of course, cross-country skiing, alpine skiing or snowboarding.
After a day spent exploring the mountain’s mysteries, kick back and enjoy an amazing meal at a locally-owned restaurant before heading back to your lodge to enjoy some of Lutsen Mountain’s famed hospitality. This resort has been family-owned and operated for generations, creating a family-friendly atmosphere at any time of year.
While you’re here, check out these “must-do” adventures in Lutsen Mountains.
- First and foremost, head to the mountain for the best alpine skiing and snowboarding in the midwest. 4 mountains + 95 runs + 2 terrain parks = endless opportunities for fun.
- Hike the Poplar River Falls Trail - get up close and personal with both mountain and river on this section of the Superior Hiking Trail.
- Ride the Gondola at Lutsen Mountains - there’s no better place to take in the spectacular views of the rolling mountains and Lake Superior.
- Play Superior National Golf Course - this stunning 27-hole, 6,300-yard championship golf course is as breathtaking as it is fun.
- Satisfy your cravings - Enjoy dinner with a view at the Summit Chalet, Papa Charlie’s Tavern, Moguls Grille & Tap Room at Caribou Highlands Lodge, the Strand Waterfront Dining & Wine Bar at Lutsen resort and more local eateries.
- Bike backcountry trails in the Superior National Forest - Get ready to ride some of Minnesota’s most thrilling mountain bike trails.
There’s beauty in every season in Lutsen Mountains. Winter, of course, is prime time for alpine skiing, snowboarding, cross country skiing and snowshoeing. Come spring, the mountain comes alive with new life - enjoy flowers blooming, birds singing and animals exploring. Summer in Lutsen Mountains can be adrenaline-filled, calm and relaxing or anywhere in between. Fall is simply marvelous, boasting some of the most incredible fall foliage in the state. There’s no shortage of things to see and activities to do in Lutsen Mountains. We hope you enjoy every moment of your experience here.