ATV Adventures in Cook County MN
Experiencing the Superior National Forest with an ATV can be a great way to reach some of the more remote areas of the region. In Cook County, MN there are numerous trails and backcountry roads available for your ATV adventures, but it is important to pick up a copy of the US Forest Service Motor Vehicle Use Maps and follow the road signs to make sure you are on authorized ATV/OHV trail. Please respect both private and public lands. Stay on the designated trails and areas to ensure ATV usage in the future.
Highlights regarding Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV)
Refer to the Motor Vehicle Use Maps for details, but here are some highlights for your own ATV adventure ride.
- These regulations pertain to any vehicle designed for off-highway use traveling within the Superior National Forest, with the exception of snowmobiles.
- Travel is permitted only on the roads or trails which are shown on the map.
- No cross country travel is permitted.
- State regulations regarding OHVs apply in the National Forest.
- Seasonal restrictions are indicated on the map.
- The maps are the final authority on use.
- Maps are updated annually.
- Respect posted closures and unposted closures noted on maps.
- Motor Vehicle Use Maps show permitted use only within the Superior National Forest. Features outside the Forest are only shown as a courtesy: some roads and trails may not be shown; permitted use and restrictions are neither shown nor implied.
For more information, click here.