Sports & Recreation
Visitors and athletes from around the world come to Cook County to experience our unsurpassed outdoor recreation opportunities. There’s no limit to what you can do in Cook County.
- Hiking - explore nearly 400 miles of Minnesota’s most incredible hiking trails
- Biking - paved, single-track and backcountry: pedal over 2,000 miles of potential rides
- Birdwatching - home to over 150 native bird species, Cook County is a birding paradise
- Canoeing - paddle the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW) and more
- Kayaking - endless kayaking along the Lake Superior shoreline or inland lakes and streams
- Stand Up Paddleboarding - glide across the bays of Lake Superior
- Fishing - so many honey holes and enough time to explore them all
- Golfing - tee off at Superior National Golf Course in Lutsen
- Hunting - hunt deer, grouse and bear in the deep wilderness of Cook County
- OTV & ATV - fuel your adrenaline on countless backcountry trails
- Rock Climbing - test your limits on the rocky shores of Lake Superior
- Sailing - sailing Lake Superior is an unforgettable experience
- Swimming - with water everywhere you look, the opportunities to swim are unlimited
- Zipline - try the Towering Pines Canopy Tour at Gunflint Lodge for a new perspective
- Races - a little healthy competition in beautiful Cook County keeps athletes on their toes
Whatever your skill level, you’ll find an outdoor adventure to suit your taste in Cook County. There are no limits to what you can do or try here, and we invite you to explore any adventure to the fullest. In a place this unique, scenic and rugged, anything is possible.
The Towering Pines Canopy Tour at Gunflint Lodge, located 43 miles up the Gunflint Trail, is one of the most fun things to do in Minnesota!
Rides & Guides
We have a feeling that one important factor in your choice of visiting our fabulous destination is the many different activities and unique places to…
Cook County, Minnesota is home to the lowest point (Lake Superior) and the highest point (Eagle Mountain) in Minnesota.
OHV & ATV
Experiencing the Superior National Forest with an ATV can be a great way to reach some of the more remote areas of the region.
Hunting is a long-standing tradition for Cook County visitors and residents because we offer the best deer, grouse and bear hunting in the region…
Planning your wilderness adventure starts here. We’re your source for northern Minnesota tourism information and guidance.
Cook County offers award-winning play with spectacular surroundings – it’s the perfect location for a golf vacation.
When you find yourself asking: “where are the best bike trails near me?” – wonder no further. These are the rides on every…