Family Adventures In Cook County
Family Fun for All
They’re only little for a while. Make big memories.
Imagine a two-mile hike and not a single “She’s touching meeee.” On our trails, you’re far more likely to hear: “Oh cool, look at this!”
While we can’t promise the kids will behave, we can promise so much family fun that they won’t run out of things to do. That’s the beauty of traveling to Lutsen/Tofte/Schroeder, Grand Marais, the Gunflint Trail and Grand Portage: There’s something fun for every family anytime of the year.
Top 7 Family Lake Adventures
- Explore the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness (BWCAW). Learn more about canoe trip outfitting.
- Visit Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center. Attend a naturalist program at the resort and campground locations throughout the county.
- Drive the beautiful North Shore Scenic Drive along Lake Superior to Grand Portage State Park. Then take a short, barrier-free hike to see High Falls—the highest waterfall in Minnesota.
- Look for agates on Lake Superior public beaches like Sugarloaf Point at Sugarloaf Cove Nature Center in Schroeder.
- Visit unique attractions like the Towering Pines Canopy Tour, the Mountain Tram and the Alpine Slide.
- Take a guided hike, canoe paddle, rock climbing adventure, or kayak and stand-up paddleboard tour with our experts ready to share all our natural world has to offer.
- Enjoy family-friendly festivals and events like the Fisherman’s Picnic and Moose Madness.
We invite you to unplug, reconnect and recharge in a place where the tweets come from actual birds.
WANT MORE FAMILY VACATION IN MINNESOTA IDEAS? BROWSE ALL OF OUR FAMILY FUN SUMMER ACTIVITIES ON OUR EVENTS CALENDAR.
Don’t just visit Cook County. Experience it like a pro with the hottest deals in the state. We’ve worked with our local vendors, artisans and owners to curate the best prices and most unique packages for our out-of-town visitors. Check out our hot deals today.
Pet Friendly Adventures
With so many dog-friendly activities and a wealth of lodging options that welcome canine family members and pet-loving locals everywhere you turn…
You’ll find all kinds of fantastic places to eat in the four communities of Cook County, Minnesota: Lutsen-Tofte-Schroeder, Grand Marais, the…
Experiencing new things, seeing new places and trying new restaurants are always at the top of a vacation to-do list.
Workshops & Classes
Adventure comes in many shapes and sizes, and in Cook County, MN, you can experience the full spectrum.
Museums & History
Discover Cook County history with every step you take. We’re proud of our long history and heritage and we think you will be too.
Planning your wilderness adventure starts here. We’re your source for northern Minnesota tourism information and guidance.