Workshops & Classes
Adventure comes in many shapes and sizes, and in Cook County, MN, you can experience the full spectrum. With so much beauty throughout the region, it’s easy to find inspiration and unleash your creativity. From technical workshops, live music and art classes to artist gallery tours and higher education opportunities, Cook County is a place to learn, grow and create.
A region’s history is often reserved for museums and history books. That’s not the case in Cook County. Our history is alive. Perhaps that’s why the historic hubs of trading and pioneer life are now vibrant centers of commerce, art and recreation. Our museums and galleries are just steps away from breathtaking lakes, waterfalls, mountains, Lake Superior vistas and miles of hiking trails.
So whether you’re taking a class and mastering a craft at the North House Folk School, experiencing the historic Grand Marais Art Colony or simply taking your sketchpad, paints or instruments out to the shore, we encourage you to channel the inspiration you feel into art.
Expand Your Horizons
Feed your own sense of inspiration and connection in Cook County.
- Celebrate Art Along the Lake with our Gallery Guide and Memorial Weekend Activities
- Take a class or watch artists and crafters at work at North House Folk School or the Grand Marais Art Colony
- Visit the Cook County Historical Society with multiple sites in the Grand Marais area
- Explore the Chik-Wauk Museum and Nature Center at the end of the Gunflint Trail
- Celebrate the rich heritage of the Grand Portage community with Rendezvous Days and the Rendezvous Powwow
- Learn about local heritage and culture at the Cross River Heritage Center in Schroeder
- Glimpse into the past at the Tofte Commercial Fishing Museum
- Drive the scenic Gunflint Trail Scenic Byway
- Take the Cook County, Minnesota historical tour
- Attend a play or musical at the Grand Marais Playhouse, or a festival or other arts and music event
- Enjoy a performance at the Arrowhead Center for the Arts in Grand Marais
- Listen to Cook County updates and stories on WTIP: North Shore Community Radio