Romantic Getaways in Cook County
People just seem to grow together naturally here—it must be our romantic resorts.
Enliven your body, feed your spirit, rekindle a romance—or all of the above—with a trip to Cook County, Minnesota, where wild beauty meets sensory luxury.
We invite you to:
- Indulge in a massage among the most beautiful places in Minnesota
- Sip wine with your sweetheart while watching a November gale on Lake Superior
- Bask in a private hot tub—or a pristine lake amidst millions of acres of wilderness
- Take a fall color drive during a rainy day
- Ignite your spirit with scenic beauty, then nourish your body with a spa treatment
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at one of our award-winning dining facilities
- Bond with your significant other through a paddling adventure in the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness—one of the most remote places in the U.S.
- Try something new together—from swimming in Lake Superior to river hiking to zip-lining
Cook County is home to some of the most romantic resorts in Minnesota. Many businesses and lodging properties in Lutsen-Tofte-Schroeder, Grand Marais, the Gunflint Trail, and Grand Portage can arrange for spa and massage treatments, private dinners, or guided tours. Many of those romantic resorts also host weddings, family reunions or anniversary gatherings. Click here to learn more about weddings in Cook County.
The natural landscape provides ideal locations for photo shoots, picnics or other romantic occasions. From the serene lakes to the wildflowers of spring, you’ll feel the romance as soon as you cross the county line.
A romantic pick-me-up, a soothing retreat, or simply a moment to relax–Cook County, Minnesota is the escape you crave.
Don’t just visit Cook County. Experience it like a pro with the hottest deals in the state. We’ve worked with our local vendors, artisans and owners to curate the best prices and most unique packages for our out-of-town visitors. Check out our hot deals today.