Lake Superior Jazz Festival Coming to Lutsen, Minn., Nov. 4-6
First-time event brings weekend full of live music to the North Shore
Lutsen, MN – October 13, 2022 - A weekend full of live jazz music and performances is coming to the North Shore in the Lutsen area for the first-ever Lake Superior Jazz Festival.
Visit Cook County has partnered with new production company Lutsong Productions to organize the new event, which will take place Nov. 4-6.
Adonis Rose and the NOJO 7 (The New Orleans Jazz Orchestra) will be flying into Minnesota for a headline performance at Papa Charlie’s at Lutsen Mountains on Saturday, Nov. 5. The New Orleans Jazz Orchestra is a 20-piece band led by artistic director Rose, who is bringing the dynamic seven-piece touring ensemble to the North Shore. Playing in New Orleans brass band style, the group has the versatility to perform within various musical idioms and has a broad repertoire that encompasses traditional New Orleans sounds.
Also on Nov. 5, Twin Cities-based Gypsy Mania “Hot Club” Swing Jazz Band will play at The Summit Chalet at Lutsen Mountains at 1 p.m. For the price of a Summit Express gondola ticket, attendees will get to enjoy a scenic ride up to the top of Moose Mountain with live music at the Chalet.
On Friday, Nov. 4, Minnesota Jazz acts The Southside Aces and The Andrew Walesch Orchestra will perform on the Papa Charlie’s stage, following a Jazz Dinner with Brilliant Colors Jazz Trio at Lutsen Resort.
The festival schedule will be capped off with a Jazz Brunch featuring Grand Portage jazz guitarist and musician Briand Morrison.
Current festival schedule (with more to be announced):
Friday, Nov. 4
- Jazz Dinner with Brilliant Colors Jazz Trio, 6 p.m. | Lutsen Resort
- Jazz Dinner with The Dan Nelson Trio, 6 p.m. | Cascade Lodge
- The Southside Aces, 8 p.m. | Papa Charlie’s at Lutsen Mountains
- The Andrew Walesch Orchestra, 9 p.m. | Papa Charlie’s at Lutsen Mountains
Saturday, Nov. 5
- Gypsy Mania Hotclub Swing Jazz, 1 p.m. | The Summit Chalet at Lutsen Mountains
- Jazz Dinner with The Dan Nelson Trio, 6 p.m. | Lutsen Resort
- Jazz Dinner with Lindsay Pedalty, 6 p.m. | Cascade Lodge
- Adonis Rose and the NOJO 7 (The New Orleans Jazz Orchestra), 9 p.m. | Papa Charlie’s at Lutsen Mountains
Sunday, Nov. 6
- Moguls Jazz Brunch with Briand Morrison, 10 a.m.-1p.m. | Caribou Highlands Lodge
About Visit Cook County
Visit Cook County encompasses the northeastern Minnesota communities of Lutsen, Tofte, Schroeder, Grand Marais, the Gunflint Trail and Grand Portage, commonly referred to as “the Arrowhead” and the “North Shore of Lake Superior”. Grand Marais, Minn., has earned several national accolades -- most recently it was named USA Today’s Best Midwestern Small Town, Outside Magazine’s The 16 Best Places to Live in the U.S. 2016, and Budget Travel’s 2015 Coolest Small Town in America. Rekindle your sense of adventure by exploring the Superior National Forest or paddling through the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness. Discover what makes the communities of Cook County, Minn. “Naturally Unforgettable.” Connect on social media using #donorthmn, Twitter @CookCoVisitors, Facebook, or Instagram @donorthmn. Learn more at www.visitcookcounty.com.