Enjoy the fine art of Hygge at its finest. Through the month of February, you can cozy up by a roaring fire with your nearest and dearest at some of the most spectacular fireplaces in the region. Take the Cook County Fireplace Tour this February and discover the best winter vacations.
Hygge Fireplace Tour Dates: February 1 - 28, 2022
🔥 Aspen Lodge - features an indoor gas fireplace in the lobby of the hotel. Come sit and enjoy a cup of coffee, tea or hot cocoa while you're in Grand Marais.
- Hours: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. daily
- Location: 208 E. Highway 61, Grand Marais, MN
🔥 Best Western Plus Superior Inn - features one indoor gas fireplace in the Great Room lobby area, across from our registration area. Enjoy a cozy sofa sitting area by the fireplace, and there are tables perfect for a game of cards. The Cove Lobby Bar and Bistro offers beer, wine and food items to purchase for registered guests. During the 2022 Fireplace Tour we invite the public to also come experience this lovely, cozy area, while enjoying an appetizer, drink, salad, or flatbread pizza purchased from our Lobby bar, The Cove.
- The Cove Lobby Bar Hours: 6-9 p.m. daily
- Location: 104 1st Ave. E., Grand Marais, MN
🔥 East Bay Suites - features a indoor gas fireplace with a view of Lake Superior in the lobby. Puzzles, games and cozy furniture add to the ambiance of the room.
- Hours: 9 a.m.- 7 p.m. daily
- Location: 21 Wisconsin St., Grand Marais, MN
🔥 Grand Marais Recreation Area - features one outdoor elevated custom built metal fireplace under a covered pavilion sitting harborside. Build your own fire to roast marshmallows over as the sun sets over the Grand Marais Harbor.
- Hours: Fireplace pavilion is open 24 hours
- Location: Office located at 114 S. 8th Ave. W., Grand Marais, MN, fireplace down the road on harborside from office.
🔥 Hungry Hippie Tacos - features an indoor fireplace with tasty tacos for purchase.
- Hours: Wednesday - Sunday 11 a.m. -8 p.m.
- Location: 15 W. Highway 61, Grand Marais, MN
🔥 Joy and Company - welcomes you to Hygge - to cozy up with us on cold winter days by our centerpiece fireplace located in the quiet back room of our store. Come sit up the fire with a good book about art - stop in to color and relax at our art counter and take a moment to just be warm and comfortable on a long winter day. February is for warmth and just being content. Hope to see you soon.
- Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. (closed Sunday and Mondays)
- Location: 16 1st Ave. W., Grand Marais, MN
🔥 Raven Rock Grill at Skyport Lodge - features two fireplaces, one wood burning fireplace at the bar, and a propane fireplace in the dining room.
- Hours: 4-9 p.m. Monday, 11 a.m. - 9 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday
- Location: 205 Fireweed Lane, Grand Marais, MN
🔥 Sivertson Gallery - features an indoor fireplace surrounded by local and regional artwork. Enjoy complimentary tea during your visit.
- Hours: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Saturday / 10 a.m. -4 p.m. Sunday
- Location: 14 West Wisconsin Street, Grand Marais, MN
🔥 Voyageur Brewing Company - features a large split rock fireplace in the taproom. Warm by the fire and watch Lake Superior while enjoying a local craft beer with a menu to pair with your adventure.
- Hours: 11:30 a.m. - 8 p.m. Sunday-Wednesday; 11:30 a.m. - 10 p.m. Thursday-Saturday (kitchen closes at 9 p.m.);
- Location: 233 W. Hwy 61, Grand Marais, MN
🔥 Grand Portage Lodge & Casino - features a large stone fireplace with several beautifully hand carved wooden sculptures by a local member of the Grand Portage Band of Lake Superior Chippewa. Full service casino with easy access to local snowmobile trails.
- Hours: 24 hours a day
- Location: 70 Casino Dr., Grand Portage, MN
🔥 Gunflint Lodge & Outfitters - features two stone fireplaces. One an original lodge fireplace made from local Gunflint Rock derived from one of the world's oldest and largest meteorite impact events. The second, from split granite. Both located in the main lodge where full dining and beverage service is available. Access to the Upper Gunflint Ski Trail System and Snowmobile Trail is outside the doorstep.
- Hours: 8 a.m. - 8 p.m. daily
- Location: 143 S. Gunflint Lake Rd., Grand Marais, MN
🔥 Gunflint Pines - features a cozy woodstove fireplace in the main lodge to warm you up after a day on the trails. Connected to the Upper Gunflint Ski Trail System and just off the snowmobile trail, you'll need a cozy refuge to warm up your toes.
- Hours: vary but open Daily
- Location: 217 S. Gunflint Lake Rd., Grand Marais, MN
🔥 Cascade Lodge & Restaurant - features an original stone 1947 fireplace that was recently converted to gas and functioning for the first time in 16 years. With a full service restaurant and bar, and a daily happy hour it is sure to be a cozy spot to warm up after a day of adventure.
- Hours: 8 a.m. -8 p.m. daily
- Location: 3719 W Hwy 61, Lutsen, MN
🔥 Lutsen Resort - features almost 100 fireplaces throughout the property, with our most iconic one in the heart of our Historic Lodge. Our wood-burning stone fireplace is complimented with some of the best Lake Superior views. With plenty of comfy seating and some of the most decadent fireside hot chocolate ever made, this is one fireplace you will want to cozy up in front of after a long day of skiing or snowmobiling. Looking for a dining experience to match? The Strand Waterfront Dining Room features a second stone fireplace with seating options nearby. So you can feel the warmth of the fire while you enjoy our dinner menu and a nice glass of wine from our 1200 bottle wine cellar. If you prefer to spend the days or evenings outdoors on our lakeside skating rink, we have you covered there as well. There are large outdoor firepits on our beach and next to the skating rink which provide an excellent opportunity to watch the sunset or star gaze in the evening.
- Hours: 4-9 p.m. daily lobby fireside menu; 5-9 p.m. daily dinner service; 8-10:30 a.m. Saturday & Sunday breakfast buffet
- Location: 5700 W Hwy 61, Lutsen, MN
- Hours: 12:30-6:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Friday and Saturday | 2:30-8 p.m. Thursday (Date Night with Live Music in the evenings) | 11-6 p.m. Sunday.
- Location: 202 Ski Hill Rd., Lutsen, MN
🔥 Bluefin Grille at Bluefin Bay on Lake Superior- features a very cozy gas fireplace in the lakeside bar area of the Bluefin Grille as well as a fireplace at Guest Services. Also check out Bluefin's outdoor bonfire pit near the ice skaitng rink to experience Campfire Music every Saturday through the month.
- Hours: Bluefin Grille 12-9 p.m., bar until 11 p.m. daily, reservations are required; Guest Services open 24 hours; Campfire Music 6-8 p.m. every Saturday
- Location: 7192 West Highway 61, Tofte, MN
As you can see, each fireplace has a unique design and hygge experience that could only be found in the heart of the north. Stay warm this winter and experience them all! Be sure to share your fireplace pictures with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Start planning your trip by downloading our winter packing list.